Monday 24 August 2015

LegUpforTalent SponsorMeDirect Programme










LegUpforTalent 
The LegUpforTalent SponsorMeDirect Programme represents a completely new approach for talented young riders to secure grassroots sponsorship.

Traditionally, sponsorship is available only to a limited few professionals at the top of our sport, who are able to provide sufficient media exposure to satisfy sponsorship investment. 
Even at this level, due to the restrictive coverage of the mainstream media, sponsorship has never been in line with the phenomenal achievements of our top riders. At grassroots level, sponsorship is even more difficult to secure, being mainly based on the generosity and good will of companies or passionate individuals. Yet, it is particularly at this level that funding is essential if the early interest of young talent is to be embraced and ability nurtured; so that with continued commitment, passion and ambition they can one day represent their country.
The LegUpforTalent SponsorMeDirect Programme introduces a unique and dynamic partnership between selected LegUpforTalent Stars and their Sponsors in which, through consistent and monitored social media activities, an extremely high return on sponsorship investment can be obtained to the mutual benefit of both parties.

LegUpForTalent Star Turning dreams into reality: 
I am an amateur rider from Oxfordshire, excited to be part of the leguptalent team. 
45 yrs young and work office admin full time. I gave up working with horses in my 20’s so I could have a bit more money and time to spend on my own. 
Horses are a family affair in the Clancy/East household. Dad comes to every outing he can and gives me constant 24 hr support at home with the horses’ day to day care.We have always owned at least one RC/all-rounder in the family and I owe my experience and confidence to these boys and girl. I have always been a competitive rider thriving on the jump / xc thrill but now I have dressage as my first passion all thanks to Alfie my ex racer. 
In his first year of dressage training/competing we qualified for Trailblazers Prelim and RoR Prelim. He coped with the finals pressure very well and got himself some good placings over the Trailblazer weekend in the showing and dsg classes. 
2014 we had the pleasure of taking part in the TSR HOYS Showing Pathway scheme and gained lots of knowledge and experience at the TSR July show with the other shortlisted riders.
June 2015 we started competing Novice Dressage and will aim at some BD Novice classes at the end of the year and hopefully some music classes.
2015 aims are to do as well if not better at the RoR finals and make our debut at the Prelim Summer Regionals: Sometimes the atmosphere gets both Alfie and I a bit worked up but it’s all improving day by day. 2014 Alfie won loads of lovely in kind prizes Dsg and Showing and I have to kick myself from time to time and remind myself that 2015 is only our second season together. 
Alfie came to us as we thought my orange ninja (Coffee) would not come back into work due to multiple issues he had been suffering but following a period of time out in the field he seems to have grown into his own body and is proving willing to come back into work. 
So 2015/2016 looks likely to become a two horse competition family once more.

My inspiration has to be awarded to Alfie he is my rock and has given me so much confidence that I unfortunately lost when Coffee wasn’t doing very well. Let’s just say I spent more time with my bum on the floor than in the saddle…ouchy !!!






All our horses have a home for life with us where possible. Not so long ago the place was full of OAPs. We are now an equine family of three with our 21yr old loving retirement at a friend’s yard a few villages away. 
To be honest I don’t have much time for anything else, I do like to veg out in front of some good TV at the end of the long day with the computer on chatting about the day’s excitement and catching up with my online friends before bed. I look forward to sharing my equine journey with everyone
If you would like to join me on my journey please come along and visit my blogs /sways /facebook /twitter pages. 
I would love to hear from companies who would like to be part of this dynamic initiative that provides an excellent opportunity for LegUpforTalent Stars to showcase products and services of their sponsors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment