Thursday 20 August 2015

RenaSan Review


http://www.renasan.co.uk

The world leaders in hypochlorous technology with the RenaSan range of antiseptic sprays.

Hypochlorous is produced naturally in human and animal immune systems. It is the substance that the cells in our bodies use to fight infections and kill invading pathogens. Hypochlorous is not only one of the most effective known biocides capable of killing 99.9999% of all pathogens, it is also the safest and poses no risk to animals or humans. It is also readily biodegradable and completely environmentally friendly. It is non-toxic, pH balanced to horses skin, non-sting and contains no steroids, alcohol or preservatives.

As a Legupfortalent Star kindly supported by RenaSan I was introduced to the Equine Antiseptic Spray as I had a sunburnt pink nosed horse a few months ago. Since then I havent looked back and seem to have needed the spray for a multitude of issues.

My Orange Ninja is well known for getting himself into trouble and this year he just couldnt contain all his itches. He found everything and anything he could to scratch on. He found an open top door he could scratch against which was a little old and worse for wear. The door didnt survive the scratch and unfortunately a small wood shard ended up in his neck. The other side of his neck was also gashed from scratching on an apple tree.

With an immune system not 100% at the moment recovery is often slow for cuts and scratches but using the spray kept the areas clean and aided mend time. The gash was clearing up in no time but we had a small amount of debris still left in the other cut. After hot clothing with warm salt water for a few nights we finally had a pus explosion and the debris pushed itself out of the small hard lump on his neck. we immediately got the spray working to aid recovery and fight off any infection




Generally when I see him itch the spray comes out immediately to try and neutralize all the itchy bits. This way we have less need to itch and coat looking a lot less like the patch work of scabs we had previously.

We are also using the spray on his Sarcoids. This is a work in progress as we do need to rebuild his immune system but we have seen some changes to the sarcoids already and I can have peace of mind I am blasting all the yukkiness that comes with the flies landing and feeding on them.

The Wound Angel bottle is a permanent fixture of our trailer/show medical kit


The Equine Antiseptic Spray bottle is a permanent fixture of the tack room 


Not just for the horses. I am also now a human converted. I have never had great skin and I have bad habits when it comes to itchy and picking spots. Now I just spray myself in the mornings after the horses have had their turn. Spots dry up, scab over and peel away quicker and there is less itching so I am not so drawn to scratching the areas. 

Bites: Whilst at a show the other weekend both myself and my horse were bitten by a mossi I even saw the horrid thing in action as it landed on my horse. My poor horse immediately swelled up and become very uncomfortable. At this point I didn't have the spray as part of the first aid kit so I smothered the area with some antihistamine cream until we got home. The swelling started to move down my horses shoulder getting larger and larger. At home I sprayed all the swollen area with the Equine Antiseptic Spray and prayed I could get the saddle back on soon. We only needed a few days rest, the swelling went down, the heat reduced and I found a really small bite area that had scabbed over just by his wither. It wasn't long before the scabby area was all clean and dry again. 






No comments:

Post a Comment