Monday 26 October 2015

Mumaathel's lesson and show debrief

Very good training day and show debrief yesterday

From the second review of the competition videos I watched me closely and I noticed I was slipping to the side and our overall horse/rider straightness wasn’t the best it could be at times.

Alfie has been compensating a bit lately but now his saddle has been adjusted he does feel much easier to tweak.

With the saddle adjusted I can sit a lot taller, just wish I could control my position at competitions those horrid habits keep creeping back in.


Training session was the other way round compared to show day he was a bit ploddy and croup high to warm up and then he sprang into action and starting running off. 


Once settled we used the session to readdress our straightness and how as I rider I should be able to feel every footfall.

Once we had ‘togetherness’ we moved onto the ¾ lines and starting asking for a bit more trot before half halting to rebalance the turns at each end. Soon we were executing the bigger trot all the way round with balance on the curves and straightness on the long sides.


The improvement at the end of the session did give me pause for thought on the tests the day before and although I preferred the second test as a ride I can now see where he was falling short on the marks.


I need to go into next weekend’s test thinking forward, thinking confidence, thinking tall, thinking horse’s shoulders positioned not quarters corrected. Novice test here we come we can do this!!!!!!!

One thing my trainer did notice from the ground was with the saddle adjusted she thinks the girth is touching too close when the foreleg comes back, so more shopping for a lovely rolled girth sleeve is needed, so we can make the sensitive boy is comfy, so no excuses.

(look at the concentration face planning the corner)



No comments:

Post a Comment