Friday 11 December 2015

Renapur Review

Being Part of the legupfortalent progamme means I get lovely goodies from Renapur





I have always used the cleaner and try to get the Balsam when on offer at a show but now I have my own special pack to keep me going. 
Along with the RenaSan goodies I have already received my tack is fully protected from all the elements

The Leather Cleaner is great natural way to clean and doesn’t strip away the leather. Although I do have to admit I forget to dilute it when I am in a hurry and as it’s effective with up to 50 times water I really should be more savvy






In the damp wet conditions I firstly spray with Renasan and wipe off all that horrid stitch eating mould you find. 
That furry stuff seems to suddenly spring out of nowhere when you got put your tack on.


The Renapur Leather Balsam is fantastic for that older tack that needs some tlc and nourishment. 
I was about to throw away a drop noseband and a pair of spur straps I thought were coming to the ends of their days. 
After two treatments of the Balsam both items have been restored and could even be passed as part of my good tack rather than my tattier working tack


Hands as soft as Balsam !
The hands that do leather are as soft as your chaps with mild natural balsam


A little goes a long way with all these products and after cleaning your tack your hands don’t feel dry and rough. The Jojoba oil and Avocado oil does a mean job of conditioning my skin as well.

The Balsam has polished up and waterproofed my leather show chaps and boots to perfection, even giving them that new look.



I have a few items I have had in storage and some items from a friend that have been stored in a bundle so the first job before posting sale pics will be to restore their softness and make them look as good as new.  
  




Bye bye those days of polish n buff with sweat and arm ache to get a shine

One product I haven’t used before is the Renapur Hi-Shine. This is Carnauba wax, derived from the leaves of the Copernicia Prunifera a Brazilian palm plant. It also contains a mild cleansing agent to dissolve surface grease and grime and tea tree oil to actively protect your leather and stitching by killing the spores of mould or mildew.

I have had a little tester session on my show bridle and it gives a strong natural shine with hardly any effort from me.

I am saving the rest for 2016 for when my RoR showing season begins

 

 


Not having much spare cash around I keep odd pairs of boots in a cupboard at home, much to my husband amusement as I am forever wearing out the same foot. 
But I have finally after years of saving lots of left boots made up a pair to keep me going.



Ok so one is black and one is brown but who is going to see me mucking out in the winter darkness


Thanks to Renapur I have given a left boot back new life and kept a right boot going a little bit longer for this winter. 






Last week on Face Book Renapur announced a Suede, Nubuck Protector. So that needs to go on my Xmas list for my chaps and dressage saddle



No comments:

Post a Comment