Wednesday 16 December 2015

Time for a giggle N23

Time for a giggle.. serious giggle mind.... Nov 23 test arrived in the post from Sparsholt EC. 
Glad I left an envelope despite thinking it wasn't worth the read when we were travelling home that day.
It was a low marking class but I felt judge was very fair and generally comments reflected marks.
A little disappointing with the 4 for my first attempt of Med Trot change rein, but if it looked as awful as it felt, then justified I guess, although he didn't break the trot just got very heavy in front and the next attempt got a 5.5. We know we dont have that established by a long way as yet. It will come when Alfie works out what is needed.
He did hollow in his canter G&R and I felt out of control in the first Med canter back to working trans. Considering in the second Med where I totally lost it, instead of coming back to working canter we crashed back down to trot so the 4 was generous for the one.
I love the understated comment at the end halt 'Needs to be more att in halt' I wonder what gave that away the slamming on the brakes when nothing happened when I politely asked or the quarters swinging to one side as horses head comes up to see what is going on elsewhere.
The bad bits were bad but not all the test was bad. A few 7s dropped in for the trot
The giggle moment of reading the test was the walk 7s whooo hooooo. Put my finger on the line to read across just to make sure they had made their way onto the sheet. Yes indeed 7s for our walk.
Does this mean we have finally got a walk worthy of a dressage test... Watch this space and all hooves crossed this is the start of great walking

No comments:

Post a Comment